Lets Give This a Try...

So after following a few friend's blogs, I thought I might try doing the same... I find myself in some very funny and/or strange situations all the time, and why not share them so other's can laugh too? Who knows if I will actually be good about keeping this current, but no one can say I didn't try.

Have you ever been driving and a car coming head-on flashes their brights at you? This usually means one of a few things... your lights are off, a cop is hiding behind a corner (waiting to flip his lights on and catch you going 5 mph over the speed limit), or there is an animal in the road (generally a dog, cat... in Gig Harbor's case, a deer, perhaps). While driving to work a few days ago a car drove past me and flashed his brights. I immediately checked my lights, slowed the car down, and peeled my eyes for any animals that may be in the road. As luck would have it, there was no cop. Phfew. But what do my road-scanning eyes spot? A rooster pecking its way across the road. Yes. A ROOSTER. If I was in farm country, this might be believable.. however I was driving on East Bay, and lets just say I am pretty sure there are no farms close to where I was. (maybe like, 3 miles away or something, but that is a long way to go for those little chicken legs.) I took a picture because, really, how often do you get to ask the question "why did the rooster cross the road?" And really, this wasn't just any rooster, it was the type of rooster you'd see with a blue ribbon at the Puyallup Fair... all fancy like.

Anyways, I got a little kick out of seeing the rooster. I made light of it on my Facebook page, and then forgot about it.. until three days later on Wollochet I saw two pretty little chickens running for dear life on the side of the road. I am thinking they were trying to keep up with the speed of traffic, because it didn't look like they were trying to get the hell out of there, which is what I would have been doing, had I been said chickens.

All I can say now is, if you are missing a bird, I might be able to help you, because my eyes seem to be keen on those feathered fowl who have flown the coop, so to speak.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally Getting a Belly!

24 weeks!

Books!